On Divide the Story, Das Binky is:
- John - All Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Drums, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele except:
- Jordan Hirsch - Lead Vocals (1, 4, 10), Backing Vocals (1, 2, 4, 10,14)
- John Crossman - Lead and Backing Vocals (13), Backing Vocals (14)
- Tyler Goen - Keyboards (7, 11), Drums (7)
- Kristian Børresen - Keyboards / Drums (12)
- Valerie Cox - Backing Vocals (5, 14)
- Nancy Rost - Piano (10), Accordion, (1), Backing Vocals (14)
- Deb Isaac - Backing Vocals (11, 14)
- Peter Watkinson - Guitars / Drums / Backing Vocals (14)
- Jake Johnson - Keyboards (9), Effects (12)
- Lucia Binkette - Vocals (15)
- Beth Kille - Backing Vocals (7, 14)
- Mat Leffler-Schulman - Percussion (3, 14)
- The FAWMStock Yellers - Backing Vocals (14)
Featuring 15 tracks written over three years, "Divide the Storm", is an eclectic collection of songs spanning multiple genres and moods, from sardonic pop to longing folk, from inflammatory metal to aggressive electronica to alternative rock.
Framed as a concept album about the impacts of living under the umbrella of American culture in the new millennium, "Divide the Storm" touches on themes of discomfort, alienation and the failure of the American Dream juxtaposed on, and unified by, a catchy pop mindset. The songs aim to lodge themselves into your head, comment on our modern lives, and take you on a guided tour through Das Binky's assimilated influences.
John Das Binky, Jordan Hirsch, and John Crossman lead the vocal efforts of an ensemble cast of musicians spanning four different countries and many different skill sets, each adding different flavors to the overall pop sound of the album.